Monday, November 23, 2009

Failure Can Lead To...




As a parent, I have to admit that I do not enjoy seeing my kids fail. But the video above from Learning in Maine ends with the quote - "If you've never failed, you've never lived." It was a good reminder for me not to o

I always like the analogy of the butterfly which builds its strength to fly by struggling its way out of the cocoon. We need to let our children struggle their way out or through some things as well.
It breeds resilience, something that should be at the top of our wish list for our kids.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and video. My daughter just "failed" and I think she is much stronger for it. It hurts like heck, but both she (and her parents) are getting over it! If you never try, you never fail - or succeed.

    ReplyDelete