Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How Should I Feel?

I love some of the things that are in my school's future, but I have trouble spending too much time feeling a sense of satisfaction because I know in many instances that we are lagging on a trail that has been embarked upon by others years earlier. However, I also know that there are other schools that are light years behind our school in moving forward on some of the same initiatives. 

So then I worry about being guilty of not taking time to celebrate some of our accomplishments. On the other hand, I feel awkward celebrating "the bus leaving on time" as one of my colleagues describes this phenomenon of praising things that we just should have been doing a lot earlier.

Do you know what I mean? How should I feel? 

Posted via email from bhsprincipal's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment