Saturday, November 27, 2010

Why Does School Have To Be So Boring?

I knew the day would come where simply playing the game of school would become tedious to Timothy, my 12-year old son. I could tell last year when his conversations about school were always centered on  his grades and never about any exciting insights into things he was learning about. This past week he asked, "Why does school have to be so boring?" 

While I know the short answer is that school doesn't have to be boring, there is really no quick solution here.  As I re-read my post last year about Tim's making the high honor roll, I know that it is time for me to start utilizing my knowledge of constructing a PLN to supplement Tim's education so that he can learn based on his passions.  It will be much easier than putting pressure on his school to do this. Am I wrong? 

Posted via email from bhsprincipal's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment